Have you ever wondered why some homes sell quickly and others stay on the market forever? Obviously price is always the primary reason or maybe it's the location. That being said, there are desirable home features that will help sell a home while there are other things that might deter a sale. Without further ado, here is a list of some things that are hot when it comes to desirable home features.
1. Move in ready homes. Many buyers cannot begin to picture what can be done to a fixer upper home.
2. Open floorplan homes. The days of little square rooms for different purposes are long over. There is not a home show on TV that doesn't revolve around knocking out a wall or two somewhere.
3. Cathedral or vaulted ceilings add volume to even the smallest rooms making them much more airy and light.
4. Lots of light and windows.
5. Stunning kitchens with beautiful cabinetry, lots of storage, high end appliances, and high quality countertops. The kitchen is truly the heart of the home and will grab the heart of a buyer more than any other space.
6. Walk in closets. Throw in some fancy shelves and your will have multiple offers.
7. Hardwood and tile floors. People love hardwood floors. They are easier to keep clean than carpet.
9. Waterfront. All kinds of waterfront is always hot for those that can afford it. But what's even hotter is the elusive affordable lot on the river, close to town and with privacy. Got that and you're a winner.
10. Views. Unless it is of a junk yard. You know, water, mountain or valley views will always help sell a home.